What is TRIP?
TRIP is a program in which families may purchase gift certificates through Champlain Valley Christian School. These certificates cover the range of major food, retail stores, restaurants, major gasoline, hotel and motel, hair dressers, and many other local retailers. The school purchases these certificates at a discount and then sells these certificates for the face value to participating families. These certificates are the same as cash; you can buy anything in the store and restaurant with a certificate you purchased that you could normally buy with cash, check or credit card.
Anyone in the community can participate (current families, past families, future families, grandparents, neighbors, friends, etc.), and designate their percentage of the TRIP earnings to the account of their choice. The chosen account could be for your own tuition (present or future), your grandchild(ren), tuition aid, classroom supplies (designate classroom), or Capital Campaign debt reduction.
TRIP was started as a fund raising arm for the Capital Campaign with two objectives. The first objective was to support the building project and the debt reduction of the mortgage, while keeping the mortgage obligation out of the school budget. The second objective was to help families support their tuition cost by offering them an opportunity to reduce their share with these gift certificates and using a portion of the earnings to help defray their cost.
The total earnings of the program are split 50/50. The 50% earnings for the Capital Campaign goes toward debt reduction, with a minimal portion paying for the operating expenses of the program; such as shipping expenses, office supplies, or whatever is needed. The other 50% earnings can be designated by the participant to an account of their choosing, including the Capital Campaign.
It should be noted that the added benefit of the Capital Campaign percentage is that it
has been approved by an I.R.S. ruling as a valid charitable deduction.
The earnings are distributed to the tuition account after the completion of the calendar year. Each participant will receive a summary of their earnings. Everyone will also get a receipt for their tax deductible donation portion of their earnings, providing them with a timely receipt for tax filing purposes.
Getting Started -- TRIP Coordinator: Agnes Boelens
1. TRIP Newsletters and order forms are sent home via our newsletter.
2. Order dates and delivery dates are noted in the newsletter.
3. All orders must be in the school office or Your Turn Resale Shoppe no later than 10:00 a.m. on the order due date.
4. Orders will have a one week delivery time. Delivery day will be on a Friday, sooner if possible.
Please designate where you wish to have your order delivered, i.e. CVCS, Your Turn, or church mailbox.
5. Stocked gift certificates are available for sale in the front office during school hours.
6. All orders must be accompanied with a form of payment, whether cash, check or credit
card number with appropriate card information and a signature on the credit card form.
7. Special orders are available upon request. Please allow sufficient time for delivery, estimated
no less than 3 days after order placement.
8. PLEASE NOTE: Gift certificates are the same as cash. Neither Champlain Valley Christian School, nor the TRIP program will accept responsibility for lost or misplaced certificates.